Every night can be pizza night with our delicious, easy gluten free pizza base recipe. We love to top ours with thick tomato sugo, fresh mozzarella and torn basil leaves from the garden and slices of spicy Italian salami!
- 1 x bag of the real bread mix – original
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 450ml warm water (1/3 boiling, 2/3 cold tap water)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined and free of lumps (approximately 7 minutes using a mixer with a dough hook on medium speed).
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220 degrees fan forced. (If you can, use the top and bottom oven elements together and place the pizza as low as possible in the oven.)
- Oil your hands to prevent the dough sticking and then divide the dough in half.
- Line a baking tray with paper and using your hands work the dough into your favourite pizza shape (no one said a pizza has to be round!)
- Top with your favourite topping and cook for 20 minutes.
(For an extra crispy base, we recommend pre warming the oven trays. The best way to do this is to leave them in the oven while the oven is warming and make your pizzas on baking paper on the bench. Then when you are ready to cook, slide the pizza and baking paper onto the hot tray and return it to the oven.)