When life hands you 🍋 — make a tart!
The citrusy tang of a lemon tart is the perfect way to cut through a cold Winter's afternoon...
Summer on a spoon, perhaps?
So we're taking the smooth and zesty crowd pleaser and dialling it up to 11 with our Lemon and Yoghurt Slice biscuit base!
SLICE 'BISCUIT' BASE
- 8 x Lemon and Yoghurt Slice — probably safer to just buy our 21 Slice 'Naked' Pack 😊
- 90g Melted Butter
LEMON CURD (Courtesy of taste.com.au)
- 3 x Lemons
- 4 x Eggs
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 125g Butter, Chopped
- Lightly grease a 2cm deep, 24cm loose based round flan tin.
- In a food processor on a low speed, blend the Lemon and Yoghurt Slice to a crumb consistency.
- Combine the Slice crumb and butter in a bowl, then press into the sides and base of your flan tin. Pop it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make your lemon curd, finely grate the rind of 1 lemon. Juice all lemons. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Add the lemon rind and 2/3 cup of lemon juice, whisking constantly until combined. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (being careful not to let the water touch the base of the bowl). Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 20-25 minutes until thick and custard-like. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter.
- Pour your lemon curd into the chilled tart base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Dust with icing sugar to serve (if you're being particularly fancy...)
And, of course, don't forget to share your efforts on our socials...