Ahh... Christmas. Day. Menu. Planning.
Even the most ardent Christmas fans and accomplished home cooks among us shudder at the words.
"What time are we eating?"
"Uncle Greg's new wife is allergic to seafood..."
"The lamb's been overcooked!!!"
So this year, we're taking the drama out of dessert and handing you a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ recipe that even your mother-in-law can't criticise*...
Here's cheers to our "Summer on a Spoon" Easy Eton Mess!
Ingredients per serve:
- 1-2 x Springhill Farm Eton Mess Slice
- 2 x scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbs of strawberry jam
- 2 x strawberries, quartered
- A dollop of thickened cream
- Take 1 x tumbler glass per person
- Roughly break up or chop your Eton Mess slice into chunks
- Build your Eton Mess with layers of ice cream, jam, slice chunks and strawberries, making sure the get a good mix of your ingredients throughout the glass so each spoonful is a little mouthful of happiness 😄
- Finish with a dollop of dreamy cream and, if you're being particularly fancy, a couple of strawberry quarters (go on, it's Christmas...)
- Sit back and smile smugly at your dessert-making skills as a hushed awe cascades over your Christmas party. Then panic as your realise you'll be on dessert duty indefinitely...
And, of course, don't forget to share your efforts on our socials...
*Who are we kidding... she'll find something 😘